We Represent Ambulatory and Office-Based Anesthesia
- To advance the practice of ambulatory anesthesia in all ambulatory venues.
- To encourage high ethical and professional standards and by fostering and encouraging education and research
- To provide professional guidance for the practice of ambulatory anesthesia
The Society for Ambulatory Anesthesia strives to keep the medical profession and the public informed about the role of anesthesiologists in the perioperative care of patients undergoing ambulatory surgery. The Society also supports programs and efforts in ambulatory anesthesia by the American Society of Anesthesiologists as well as establishes guidelines for subspecialty training in ambulatory anesthesia.
Education stands in the forefront of the Society's mission. This mission is achieved in several ways:
- The Annual Meeting each Spring which attracts nearly 600 registrants from throughout the United States and overseas.
- SAMBA Breakfast Panel, Workshops, and participation in the Scientific Sessions on Ambulatory Anesthesia presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Anesthesiologists each fall.
Exciting programs relevant to ambulatory anesthesia practice is another way SAMBA is helping its members turn challenges into opportunities during these revolutionary times:
- Organizational, quality improvement and other management strategies
- Economic, political, and legal issues
- Scientific developments
- Problem oriented discussions, workshops and practical advice
- Exchange of ideas among anesthesiologists engaged in ambulatory surgery
- Peer recognition opportunities