SAMBA DISCUSSION FORUM GUIDELINES
In order to be a member of the main SAMBA Discussion Forums, you must be a member of SAMBA.
Society for Ambulatory Anesthesia Discussion Forum Guidelines
Welcome to the SAMBA Discussion Forum. As a condition of initial and continuing access to its Discussion Forum, SAMBA requires those members wishing to participate to accept and adhere to the terms of the following Guidelines.
- Always include your name and e-mail address if you are seeking off-forum responses
- Replies to specific inquiries should be made directly to the e-mail address of the member who posted the question who may voluntarily or by request summarize all responses back to the group. These requests should be made directly to the originator of the question off-forum whenever possible.
- Thank you or acknowledgment messages should be made off-forum.
- Members are expected to post information that is professional in nature.
- Members are expected to show respect and compassion to colleagues who post to in the forums.
- Put helpful keyword(s) in the subject line of your message, so others can decide quickly if they want to read your message.
- In a response message, always include the relevant portion of the original message so that everyone will know what you are responding to.
- Discussion Forum postings should be kept as short as possible on the whole, so that when a member does need to make a longer posting it will not tax the archive space or those who receive the Discussion Forum digest messages.
- Please address any queries or concerns directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAMBA has made the Discussion Forums available to its members for the purpose of providing a venue for the discussion of issues relating to genetic counseling.
- Members must comply at all times with the Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information (“Privacy Rule”) established by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to implement the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). Information posted on the SAMBA Discussion Forums will not be treated as confidential and, therefore, should not identify any patient by name or other identifying features, characteristics or any other individually identifiable Patient Health Information, as defined under the Privacy Rule. In fact, since any information posted on the listservs may be downloaded, reproduced, and disseminated without the knowledge of the sender(s), members should use extreme care when posting or sending such information.
- Responses to discussion topics are not to be relied on as professional opinions or advice, and such responses are not intended to constitute practice guidelines or to supplant an individual’s judgment with respect to particular patients or clinical situations.
- Members should exercise both common sense and courtesy in the messages they transmit on the SAMBA Discussion Forums and may not use the Discussion Forums to transmit defamatory, obscene, and otherwise offensive communications.
- Members are prohibited from using the SAMBA Discussion Forums to communicate with competitors about prices or terms of service, to exchange practice management or any other proprietary information with anyone involved in the management of ambulatory anesthesia practices, or otherwise communicate in a manner that may violate federal or state antitrust laws. For example, members should recognize that discussions concerning pricing, hourly rates, membership restrictions, codes of ethics, standardization and certification may raise particular antitrust concern. The same rules against illegal agreements in restraint of trade that apply at members' meetings apply to Discussion Forum communications.
- Members may not post or distribute files, articles or other information subject to trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights, except with the express consent of the owner of the rights.
- Members are prohibited from posting commercial messages advertising or selling goods or services. Members are, however, allowed to post messages promoting research studies. Please contact the SAMBA Executive Office if you are unsure which category your posting falls under.
- Members must respect the security of the SAMBA Discussion Forums and may not attempt to gain access to areas private to SAMBA or its members.
- Members are prohibited from using the SAMBA Discussion Forums for any other purposes that may be illegal. For example, the SAMBA Discussion Forums may not be used to solicit or disseminate information having to do with, or to conduct any activity relating to, illegal drugs, pornography, gambling, spreading computer viruses, software infringement, trafficking in credit card codes, or other crimes.
- The SAMBA Discussion Forums may not be used in a manner that violates the bylaws or any other policies, procedures, rules or regulations of SAMBA.
- SAMBA shall deny access to its Discussion Forums to any individual who has not agreed to the terms of this Access Agreement and reserves the right to terminate access to any member who does not abide by such terms.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnification
The views expressed on the SAMBA Discussion Forums are those of the individual contributors. They do not and should not be construed as representing the views of SAMBA . SAMBA makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation as to the accuracy or sufficiency of the information posted on the Discussion Forums, whether posted by SAMBA or any third party, and SAMBA assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use or misuse of such information for any purpose. SAMBA disclaims any responsibility to maintain copies of any information posted on the Discussion Forums or to assure that such information is deleted. Unless specifically stated otherwise, SAMBA does not endorse, approve, recommend, or certify any information, product, process, service or organization presented or mentioned on the listservs, and information from the Discussion Forums should not be referenced in any way to imply such approval or endorsement. NEVERTHELESS, SAMBA RETAINS THE RIGHT TO MONITOR POSTED INFORMATION AND REMOVE MESSAGES OR MATERIALS THAT IT BELIEVES DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE TERMS OF THESE GUIDELINES OR ARE NOT IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF SAMBA.
EACH MEMBER HAVING ACCESS TO THE SAMBA DISCUSSION FORUMS SHALL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD SAMBA HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES) RELATING TO HIS OR HER ACTS OR OMISSIONS OR TO MATERIALS OR INFORMATION HE OR SHE TRANSMITS IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE LISTSERVS.
Choice of Law
These Guidelines shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Illinois irrespective of its choice of laws rules. In addition, members consent to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Cook County, Illinois in the event of any dispute between the parties.
SAMBA reserves the right to modify the rules of these Guidelines as it determines from time-to-time in the best interests of SAMBA provided all Discussion Forums participants are notified prior to any such change.