Sponsor and Exhibitor Events
33rd Annual Meeting Sponsored Events
Activity Title: Legally Mine LunchSymposium: Understanding Legal Tools: The Keys to Lawsuit Prevention and Tax Reduction
Activity Date: Thursday, May 3
Activity Time: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
1. Learn how to protect your license from negative reports to the NPDB following a settlement from your insurance company. If there is no NPDB to report, it's unlikely that a board investigation into the legal matter will materialize. Preventing any sanctions from the state licensing board.
2. Learn how to structure: C-corps, S-corps, FLPs, LLCs, etc. Learn how the new tax laws passed in 2017 can benefit you
3. Learn how to protect business, property, and personal assets in the event of a judgment in excess of liability insurance.
Presenter: Art McOmber, Legally Mine, Inc.
Art McOmber spent his first career working as a Special Agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigation. After his career, he successfully transitioned to the business world where he has helped thousands of people of all backgrounds protect themselves from becoming victims of crime and lawsuits. His greatest successes are his marriage to Barbara for 27 years and their four children. Today he will be teaching us how to eliminate the threat of lawsuits and greatly increase your tax savings.
Activity Title: Optimizing Postsurgical Pain Management: Achieving Success with Liposomal Bupivacaine
Activity Date: Friday, May 4, 2018
Activity Time: 7:00 AM- 8:00 AM. Breakfast buffet at 6:30 AM.
Presenter: Margaret Holtz, MD
Georgia Anesthesiologists, P.C. Director of Orthopedic Anesthesia & Acute Pain WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center Marietta, Georgia
- To understand the benefits of regional anesthesia approaches for optimizing patient outcomes, including at the ambulatory surgical centers
- To describe the core clinical evidence supporting the safety and efficacy of liposomal bupivacaine in various settings, focusing on the interscalene brachial plexus nerve block
Activity Title: Ultrasound Guided Fascial Plane Blocks Workshop, provided by Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Sterling Ops
Activity Start Date: Friday, May 4, 2018
Activity Time: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
This workshop is intended for practitioners of all skill levels who wish to improve their skills at performing truncal blocks (transversus abdominis plane (TAP), quadratus lumborum (QL), rectus sheath blocks) and PEC block infiltrative techniques, in addition to infiltrative techniques for knee surgery. This interactive workshop will feature small participant-to-instructor ratios and a customized curriculum focusing on developing hands-on skills. Each technique will be taught by expert instructors using didactic sessions with dynamic multimedia presentations, live demonstrations and guided hands-on live model scanning.
- Pectoralis I & II and Serratus Plane Blocks
- Transversus abdominis block (TAP), rectus sheath and quadratus lumborum (QL) blocks
- Pericapsular Infiltration of Local Anesthetics around the Knee
- Opioid Reducing Strategy with Regional Anesthesia
- Pharmacology of Liposome Bupivacaine
- Jointly provided by Albert Einstein College of Medicine & Sterling Ops.
CME Certified by Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Supported in part, by a grant from Pacira Pharmaceuticals.