Free Online MOCA® Part II Opportunity: Safety and Efficacy of the Reversal of Neuromuscular Blockade in Outpatient/ Ambulatory Surgery
ASA Education has released this three online module course entitled Safety and Efficacy of the Reversal of Neuromuscular Blockade in Outpatient/ Ambulatory Surgery. This course fulfills the Patient Safety component of MOCA® Part II.
The three modules include the following breakdowns:
- Module 1 is a didactic activity with faculty videos, posttests, and evaluation. Up to 2.5 CME can be claimed.
- Module 2 is an optional activity that requires learners to create a Performance Improvement Action Plan implemented over a minimum of 14 days. A faculty monitored Discussion Board is available for learners to post questions and comments (Module 2 only).
- Module 3 is the action plan outcomes report followed by an evaluation. Up to 7.50 CME can be claimed.
The course is available to both members and nonmembers of ASA at no charge. This free course is supported by an educational grant by Merck.
All ASA account holders are auto-enrolled in this course. The course is already available under your enrollments in the Education Center.
Click here to access the course.
By the end of this program, attendees will be able to recognize risk factors associated with preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative neuromuscular blockade and implement safe and effective monitoring of residual postoperative neuromuscular blockade and recovery.
Click here for more information on the course under Item Details.
Physicians can earn up to 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for their participation in this learning activity. The American Society of Anesthesiologists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
More information on this course can be found here: http://www.asahq.org/education under free education
Free Online MOCA® Opportunity: Customizing Pain Management in the Ambulatory Setting
This course uses interactive cases and expert discussions to help you improve pain management in four different outpatient settings: emergency medicine, urology, orthopedics and plastic surgery.
Explore multimodal approaches to optimize postoperative analgesia that emphasizes evidence-based recommendations and access links to resources to reinforce learning. Minimize complications and learn the current techniques for managing acute postoperative pain in these patient settings.
There is no cost to take this course. All ASA Members and registered ASA account holders are auto-enrolled in this course. The course is already available under your enrollments in the Education Center. Take the course now.
- Explore multimodal approaches to postoperative analgesia in the ambulatory/ outpatient setting, with an emphasis on evidence-based recommendations
- Summarize recent developments in analgesia, including combination approaches, in terms of key safety and efficacy data
- Appropriately select analgesia for the postoperative patient in the ambulatory setting, incorporating a multimodal approach whenever feasible
Physicians can earn up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for their participation in this learning activity. This activity contributes to the patient safety CME requirement for Part II: Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment of the American Board of Anesthesiology’s (ABA) redesigned Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program® (MOCA®), known as MOCA 2.0™. Please consult the ABA website, www.theABA.org, for a list of all MOCA 2.0 requirements.
More information on this course can be found here: http://www.asahq.org/education under free education.