Make the most out of your membership!
Join a SAMBA committee!
Dear SAMBA member:
As the rising SAMBA resident section chair, I write to request your help in encouraging your residents to become members of SAMBA. It has never been easier to join SAMBA due to a partnership with IARS resulting in a $40 annual fee for membership to both IARS and SAMBA. We hope to greatly increase our resident membership over the next year, an effort dependent upon your help. Click here to become a member today.
A goal of the resident section for the coming year is to increase resident involvement in SAMBA committees with a goal of having a resident member on at least 50% of the SAMBA committees. I ask that you reach out to your residents and help them identify a committee that would fit their interests. Listed below are the SAMBA committees:
- SAMBA Committee on Electronic Newsletter
- SAMBA Committee on Membership
- SAMBA Committee on Affiliation
- SAMBA Committee on International Relations
- SAMBA Committee on Education
- SAMBA Committee on Research
- SAMBA Sub-Comittee on Resident Section
- SAMBA Committee on Publications
- SAMBA Committee on Office-Based Anesthesia
- SAMBA Committee on Scientific Papers
- SAMBA Committee on Latin American Relations
- SAMBA Committee on Mid Year Meeting
- SAMBA Task Force on Clinical Practice
- SAMBA Committee on Regional Anesthesia
- SAMBA Committee on Society Website
- SAMBA Task Force on Ambulatory and Office-Based Fellowships
- SAMBA Committee on Annual Meeting
From a resident's perspective, SAMBA is laden with phenomenal opportunities for professional development. The society is a close-knit network with a very well produced and accessible annual meeting. Furthermore, the Society provides a multitude of opportunities for resident involvement in the inner workings of the Society.
If I can be of any assistance in recruiting your residents or helping them select a committee please do not hesitate to contact me or to direct your residents directly to me. As resident members are the future of the Society, it is of the utmost importance that we approach resident recruitment with continued enthusiasm. Thank you for taking the time to help with these efforts, and I look forward to meeting you in the coming year.
Feel free to contact me!
Michael Esposito, M.D.
SAMBA Resident Section Chair-elect