While SAMBA is not hosting a mid-year meeting this year, SAMBA representatives will be presenting a session at the ASA meeting in Boston on October 21-25, 2017.
The session, number 603, will take place on October 22, 2017, from 1:10-3:10 PM ET.
The session, "The Opioid Epidemic: Implications for Ambulatory Anesthesia," will feature four speakers: Niraja Rajan, MD; David Dickerson, MD; Richard Urman, MD, MBA; and BobbieJean Sweitzer, MD.
- Describe the extent and consequences of the opioid epidemic.
- Describe the role of ambulatory surgery centers in contributing to the opioid epidemic.
- Discuss the prevention and treatment of opioid induced hyperalgesia.
- Describe multimodal, opioid-sparing techniques of analgesia.
- Identify patients at risk, and treatment and prevention strategies for chronic pain after ambulatory surgery.
Additional details available here.